Attention: Human Resources generalists, specialists, professionals & executives!
“Ready to step up your HR game to the next level of GREATNESS? Then this
is the book you’ll want to own and carry with you often!”
If you’re a super-busy HR professional and your goal is to get great results faster…and build a network of satisfied clients and trusted supporters in the process …well, this book is like having your own private, portable coach at your disposal.
Winning Big in HR has been developed to be an “HR career game changer” and in it Collins packs an absolutely amazing collection of 100+ (actually 118) the ABSOLUTE BEST job success strategies, advice, confessions, stories and insights stolen (and no longer available) from his blog — PLUS a ton of brand new tricks and tips he’s never shared before…anywhere…at any time.
WARNING: This book is NOT for everyone. It’s blunt, no B.S. and pulls no punches. It doesn’t sugarcoat anything. It will reveal success strategies not obvious to others that can elevate your results quicker. If you want the typical, tired old HR theories and “best” practices that you read about in HR Magazine, Workforce, HR Executive or that you hear about at typical SHRM conferences…you will want to take a pass on this book. It’s not for you.
However, if you want to know the “REAL DEAL” about taking charge, getting better results, becoming the captain of your own career and THE trusted advisor to your clients, then you’ll want to check this book out.
In this one-of-a-kind resource, you’ll discover valuable insights such as:
- The #1 most important and indispensable step for winning big in ANY HR role.
- How to quickly build your HR credibility from day one in ANY organization.
- The sneaky little secret for running an HR department your clients will love.
- Becoming your client’s trusted advisor and getting them to rave about YOU.
- 3 ways for dealing with clients from hell who NEVER seem satisfied.
- Playing politics and winning without being a sleazy, back-stabbing little jerk.
- 8 ways to get people to give a damn about you, your ideas and your HR career.
- How to turn your outrage and frustration with your boss into your next promotion.
- Winning over your CEO and other executives when they’ve put a gun to your head.
- 12 ways to get buy-in to your HR ideas — including one tactic that almost never fails.
- How to destroy hidden time wasters to free up time to accomplish awesome stuff.
- How to prevent burnout and fall in love with HR all over and over and over again.
- Two winning HR strategies from seven of the world’s biggest failures.
- How a brutally abused little boy overcame “impossible” odds to become a superstar in HR.
- Capitalizing on big unexpected HR opportunities even if you aren’t ready for them.
- Becoming remarkable…and leaving your own unique and memorable legacy in HR.
- 15 things every winner in HR knows about their business.
- Strategies for staying on top of your game, grabbing your HR career by throat and really “OWNING” it.
- How to accumulate trusted supporters and grow your HR network like it’s on steroids.
- Why you MUST become a shameless thief and steal from other people if you want to speed up your success in HR.
- And MUCH, MUCH more!
It would take years to learn all this on your own
“Without a doubt the most practical HR book I’ve ever picked up. It would take you years to gain all this HR wisdom on your own. I particularly enjoyed Alan Collins’ inclusion of advice on how to manage the tough client and how to get other people to give a damn about you and your career in HR. The whole book is uplighting and right on the money.”
Amy Goldridge, SPHR, GPHR
Manager – Talent Development, IBM
“Alan Collins has hit the nail on the head with this book! HR professionals who are interested in enhancing their career opportunities for advancement, this is the book for you! There is nothing on the market that breaks it down on how to REALLY build a successful HR career. Most are left to figure those things out on their own. With this book, you are getting first hand information from a true HR executive.”
Darrell James, James & Jordan Executive Search
Sugar Land, TX
Authentic, gets to the point with the good stuff
“As a ‘get to the point with the good stuff’ kind of person, this book provides HR information just the way I like to get it. It’s cuts to the chase and easy to read. I enjoyed Alan’s authentic real-life examples which resonate strongly with me. One of the scarcest resources an HR professional has is time and this book was the best use of mine in a long time. I highly recommend it.”
Russ Carter, Vice President of HR, Containex
Page after page of spot on advice
Collins offers you a down-to-earth read on how to be the captain of your HR career. He has a gift for decoding what is not obvious to others and then helping the rest of get it too. Collins jabs your gut, challenging your thinking as he offers page after page of spot on advice and insight that will, indeed, help you win big in HR.
Mike Cohen, President of Michael L. Cohen & Associates, former Vice President of Human Resources Development, Quaker Oats Company
I’ll use this for coaching my HR team
“I read Alan’s blog all the time. As usual, the insights he spells out in this book are absolutely on target. I use his blog and books not only for my own development but as a tool for coaching my HR team. We’ve had a great time discussing and debating his articles as part of my offsite meetings. I’ll be getting more copies of this book and sharing it with my group.”
Janet Willingham, Senior Director
Human Resources, Exxon
Very inspirational, practical and made me laugh out loud
“I just finished this book and not only was it inspiration, it was practical and made me laugh out loud. It gave me some excellent ideas on solving a couple of client issues our HR department is facing right now. I’ve ordered copies for all my staff members. Alan has written yet another book that you’ll find yourself referring to time and time again. Must read!”
Emily Sautter, Director – Human Resources
Procter & Gamble
Couldn’t stop reading it
“I opened this book up as I was heading out the door for an appointment. I couldn’t stop reading it. I read half of it that evening and finished it up the next night. I was blown away with how much valuable information for HR professionals Collins has
included in this book.”
John Balance, Senior HR Business Partner
About the author: ALAN COLLINS is founder of Success in HR and author of the best-sellers, Best Kept HR Secrets and Unwritten HR Rules. He was formerly Vice President of Human Resources at PepsiCo where he led HR initiatives for their Quaker Oats, Gatorade and Tropicana businesses. He has been a featured speaker at HR conferences and seminars throughout the U.S. His articles have appeared in HR Executive, HRM Today, Linked:HR, and Personal Branding. He helps HR professionals take their careers to the next level at SuccessInHR.com. With 25 years of corporate, field and executive experience in human resources, he earned his BS and MS degrees in Industrial Relations from Purdue. You can view his LinkedIn profile here.
©Success in HR Publishing. For additional questions or information, please e-mail at email@example.com
Privacy | Disclaimers | Affiliates